By Philips Sunday 

In order to save for the raining days due to the fuel crisis in the country, Mr Shabi (father), Adura (16 years) and Mistura (18 years)  were unfortunately burnt to death in their home on Wednesday in Somolu Oja as a result of the explosion of fuel which was stored in a jerrycan close to their kitchen.

According to the Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Shodipe, “the fire was caused by the storage of Petroleum Motor Spirit, PMS, in their home, the family were cooking very close to where the fuel keg was kept when it exploded and burnt the house.”

Unfortunately, the victims were burnt to death before fire-fighters from the Somolu Fire Station could rescue them.

Idimu-Fire

In a related development, a commercial bus went up in flames at Ojota bus stop, close to Total filling station in Lagos on Wednesday.
The explosion was said to have been caused by the gallons of fuel the bus was carrying.

Bus