Connect with us


I Was Never Arrested By Police – Mercy Aigbe



Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe Gentry has clear the waves on report that she was arrested by police in Osogbo, the Osun State capital on Monday.

According to the actress, she and her PA was never arrested at gunpoint. she said they were shooting a movie in osogbo and was going for a break when they were accosted by a police van chasing them.

She took to her Instagram page this morning to address the issue, she wrote:

Mercy at the scene of the incident in Osogbo

Mercy at the scene of the incident in Osogbo

Morning Fam, it has come to my attention that news has been flying around that I was arrested by the police in Osogbo…For the records I was never ARRESTED!

I was shooting a movie in Osogbo and was going for a break with my PA and Driver when we saw a police van chasing us, they later double crossed us, came out of their van and started banging the bonnet of my car asking us to come down. I was shocked and scared because I didn’t know what was going on. I stepped out of the car to ask them what happened and why they double crossed us in that manner, the policemen started shouting and acting crazy pointing his gun at me.

Mercy Aigbe

Mercy Aigbe

On seeing his behaviour, I took out my phone and started to record them, one of them forcefully collected my phone from me. My PA also started recording them with an iPad and the policeman slapped her and threw the iPad away.

At this point a lot of crowd had already gathered when they saw me and what was happening and they started booing them, saying that is how Osogbo policemen harass innocent citizens. When the policemen saw the large crowd supporting us and that they could be mobbed, they stylishly left only to call for reinforcement of other Police officers. Those ones came and started shooting sporadically into the air , everyone had to run for their lives. The police officers then forcefully collected my car key & car documents from my driver and even tried to beat him up. They then ushered us into my car and and a police man drove us to their state headquarters.

On getting there, we were taken to the office of the assistant commissioner of police where we narrated what happened and how their men harassed us and caused unnecessary commotion!….. I even showed him the videos I recorded. The ACP then apologised and pleaded with me to delete the videos. We settled the matter and I went back to work. ….Big thanks to my family, friends and fans for checking up on me…..

Copyright © 2019