By Philips Sunday
Abuja, (AN24) – The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC) on Thursday, October 27, 2016 granted bail to Dr. Reuben Abati, media adviser to former President Goodluck Jonathan.
Abati regained his freedom after spending a week in the custody of the anti-graft agency.
As part of the conditions for his release from the EFCC custody, Abati is to drop his International Passport and produce a surety of not below Level 16 in the Civil Service.
The prominent columnist was arrested last week Monday by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC).
His arrest was connected with the funds released by the Office of the National Security Adviser, under retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki.
Notable names that have been fingered by the EFCC as regards the disbursement of the alleged $2.1 billion arms procurement fund include: Former National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Olisa Metuh, DAAR Communications CEO, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, former National Security Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan, Col. Sambo Dasuki and a host of others.
Meanwhile, during investigation, Mr. Abati told investigators he spent N50 million on media relations that had to do with his work as media adviser for Mr. Jonathan, Premium Times report.
But when asked for evidence of how the money was spent, he reportedly said such details were not documented.
“He said media relations details are never documented,” a source said.
More details later………………….