By Philips Sunday
Borno, (AN24) – Boko Haram factional leader, Abubakar Shekau appeared in a new video, today, Thursday, December 29, dismissing a claim by the Nigerian Army that the jihadist group had been routed from its Sambisa Forest stronghold.
In the new video which was shot on Christmas day, the leader of the dreaded group, called on President Muhammadu Buhari to stop lying to Nigerians about crushing the group.
According to Shekau, “We are safe. We have not been flushed out of anywhere. And tactics and strategies cannot reveal our location except if Allah wills by his decree,” Shekau said in the 25-minute video, flanked by masked armed fighters.
“You should not be telling lies to the people,” he said, referring to Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari who said on Christmas Eve that the extremist group had been defeated and driven away from the forest, its last known bastion.
“If you indeed crushed us, how can you see me like this? How many times have you killed us in your bogus death?” he asked.
Meanwhile, it was not immediately clear where the new video was shot, but Shekau who spoke in both Hausa and Arabic said it was filmed on Christmas Day.
Watch the video below:………….