A former minister of aviation Femi Fani-Kayode, says he is unperturbed about his inclusion in the purported list of Nigerians who have been restricted from travelling abroad by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Africa News 24 had reported on Saturday that the Presidency announced that 50 high profile Nigerians accused of corruption have been banned from leaving the country.
The Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the President, Garba Shehu, made this known in a statement on Saturday.
Shehu said the development is part of steps being taken to enforce the executive order 6 recently signed by the President.
Reacting, Fani-Kayode, a chieftain of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said he has not been able to travel out of the country since 2008, as his passport had been seized.
The PDP chieftain said he has no intention of leaving the country any time soon while expressing sympathy for those on the list who may require foreign medical attention.
“I could not give a damn that my name is on the list of 50 members of the opposition and prominent Nigerians that have been placed on a travel ban because nothing that Buhari does surprises me. I have not left Nigeria since 2008 because my passport has been with the EFCC and the courts for the last 10 years and they have refused to give it to me and allow me to travel,” he said in a statement on Sunday.
“Those on the travel-ban list that need to travel abroad for medical attention or to see their loved ones are the ones I feel sorry for.
“For me, travel ban or no travel ban, I have no intention of leaving Nigeria anytime soon because I am one of those that will be on the forefront in the struggle to liberate our country and ensure that we get Buhari out of power in the next few months.
“By God’s grace in February we will flush him and his incompetent, fascistic, mendacious, divisive, corrupt, abusive, vicious and genocidal government down the toilet and send them back to hell where they belong,” the former minister opined.