This online news platform recalls that the NPF announced the commencement of the process of recruitment of 10,000 Nigerians into the force as constables last year November.
The development came after President Muhammadu Buhari approved the strengthening of the force.
However, following observation that some applicants surrounded the State Commands of the Nigeria police for screening, Ikechukwu Ani, spokesman for the PSC, said on Monday in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, that the PSC had not invited applicants for it.
“The commission will soon notify shortlisted applicants of a date for the commencement of the exercise. Applicants are hereby advised to ignore any statement on this as it did not originate from the commission,“ he said in a statement.