Connect with us

News

No Result Was Cancelled– JAMB

Published

on

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board has denied cancelling results from the 2020 UTME that took place on Saturday March 14 and Monday March 16.

The Head, Media and Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, said this in an interview with newsmen on Wednesday in Lagos.

He said the rumours are from fraudsters and should be ignored.

Benjamin said ”JAMB wishes to reassure all candidates who have written this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) so far that it has not canceled any of its examination or results.

READ ALSO: Coronavirus: FG Bans Travellers From 13 Countries

”All results that have been released so far are intact and therefore there is no need for any panic whatsoever.

”Results of the 469,000 candidates who wrote on Monday have been released and candidates are to check their results by typing ‘RESULT’ and sending to 55019 with their unique telephone numbers for their scores.

“They should not check their results on the internet as the portal had been shut, following attempt by some fraudsters to alter results of candidates.
”The board is already investigating the activities of these criminals and will not fail to take very drastic action against those that are behind this.”

He responded to complaints that JAMB posts candidates to far centers far from their place of resident. He explained that the candidates themselves are asked to choose their examination towns.

ALSO READ: Coronavirus: FG Bans Travellers From 13 Countries

“Let me simply clarify here that JAMB does not post candidates just anywhere. It is the candidates that chose their examination towns and once centers in that examination towns are filled, they are withdrawn from the net and candidates are then sent to other centers closest to such examination towns. It is not a deliberate act on our side,” he said.

Facebook Comments

Copyright © 2020 AN24.net