Connect with us

News

Ekiti Commissioner‘s Abductors Demand N30m Ransom

Published

on

The abductors of the Ekiti State Commissioner for Agriculture, Mr. Folorunso Olabode have demanded N30 million ransom to secure his release.

Olabode was kidnapped by unknown gunmen on Sunday along Isan-Iludun road on his way from Ado-Ekiti to his hometown, Iye-Ekiti in Ilejemeje local government area of the state.

A councillor who drove his car was shot dead at the scene, while the commissioner was kidnapped alongside other occupants of the car.

Speaking to newsmen in Ado Ekiti, a family source said the kidnappers had contacted the family and requested for N30m ransom to secure the release of the commissioner.

“The entire Iye Ekiti is troubled now, we are worried and we have started negotiation with the abductors. We pray they release him sound and safe.

READ ALSO:Buhari Appoints Former Unilorin Director As VC, Kebbi University

“We don’t want to lose such an illustrious son and we are begging the state Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi and all the security apparatuses of government to do all within their powers to rescue him alive”, he said.

The Ekiti State Police Public Relations Officer, Abutu Sunday, said operatives had been dispatched and were already combing the forest being used for hostage by the miscreants.

He further said the police were not aware of any negotiation on the demand made by the abductors, promising that every security measures would be put in place to ensure the commissioner regain freedom.

“We are not aware that the bandits were requesting for any ransom, we have not been told.

“The police have begun serious security checks in that axis and that might be responsible for why the people said the road had been closed.

“We only took strict security measures”, he said.

Facebook Comments

Copyright © 2020 AN24.net